Gulf South Technology Solutions is committed to hiring and developing the best managers and staff in our industry. We are dedicated to providing a working environment which allows each and every employee to have job satisfaction, at the same time meeting the desires of the company to provide the best solutions possible to our clients' problems on a profitable basis. We wish to develop employees known for their character, commitment, and confidence, and we recognize the importance of each individual in the success of the entire company.
Gulf South Technology Solutions maintains an open-door policy at all times; encouraging the flow of communication, the exchange of ideas, creativity and self-esteem in the work place. We are always looking for excited and talented people to join our team.
Please review the current career paths available at Gulf South Technology Solutions:
This is a full-time salaried position. Normal hours are Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00pm, but projects may go over from time to time. Candidates should be prepared to discuss projects you lead/solutions you have provided and other relevant experiences.
• High School Diploma
• Associate degree/Technical College degree or higher desired
• CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certifications
• 5+ years’ experience; 2+ years with relevant technologies to this position
• The position includes on average 65% travel in and around the Greater Baton Rouge area. Candidate must have own reliable transportation.
• Must be able to pass a full background check and drug screen upon acceptance of the job offer.
• Candidate will be on call every 3 weeks for after hour calls, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Maintain a clean, professional, and friendly report with our clients.
• Maintain individual service levels as set by the department director.
• Responding to inbound client requests via email, phone, remote access or on-site visits to resolve issues including server/network outages, data recovery, email/messaging assistance, hardware warranty claims, and general IT repair should the need arise.
• New server and network deployments; working with team members to plan, install, and deploy workstations, server(s), switches, firewalls, access points.
• Keep timely documentation of your work and schedule within company provided ticketing system and calendar.
• Assist team members and contribute to the overall productivity of the business.
• Work with consultants, client representatives and vendors to ensure customers make informed IT decisions.
Technical Skill Requirements:
• Ability to lead a project to a successful conclusion within budgeted hours
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software, including HP & Lenovo servers & desktops/laptops/workstations
• Ability to setup, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Servers 2016/2019
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of applications, and ability to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of backup methodologies, hardware, and best practices
• Knowledge of basic TCP/IP routing concepts for SMB networks with 1-2 subnets
• Knowledge of cybersecurity threats, solutions, and best practices for businesses
• Knowledge of DNS Management, including creating/editing A, MX, and CNAME records
• Knowledge of WAN and VPN links/remote access technologies and experience with configuration and implementation.
• Knowledge of Windows client and server operating systems in a domain environment
• Advanced Windows server knowledge including:
o Managing & deploying Active Directory
o Windows DNS & DHCP
o Managing & troubleshooting Group Policy
Soft Skill Requirements:
• Outstanding customer service, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with the initiative to work on your own.
• Positive outlook in general; maturity to deal with challenges in an upbeat manner without complain.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks while working in a dynamic environment.
• Passion for technology with a desire to thrive in a small, fast-growing company that employs high standards.
Ideal candidate has product knowledge/certifications of the following:
• Microsoft Server 2016/2019
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft 365
• Windows 10