Network Engineer II Job Description
We, a Baton Rouge based IT business consulting firm, are looking for a customer oriented, motivated, intelligent person to provide network implementation and support services to our client base. The position includes on average 65% travel in and around the Greater Baton Rouge area. Candidate must have own reliable transportation. The focus of responsibilities will be on Windows Small Business servers, routers, switches and network devices, while including workstation support as needed. Ideal candidate will have no less than 6 years of experience in the IT industry, 3 of which should be server/network implementation: be prepared to discuss projects you have lead and the technologies deployed.
- New server and network deployments. Work with team members to plan, install, and deploy entire Small Business networks. (Typically 10-20 workstations, Windows Small Business Server, a switch and a router.)
- Responding to inbound client requests via email, phone, remote access or on site visits to resolve issues including: Server outages, Data Recovery, Network outages, and general IT repair should the need arise.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and friendly report with our clients.
- Work with consultants to ensure customers make informed IT decisions.
- Maintain individual service levels as set by the department director
- Keep timely documentation of your work and schedule.
- Assist team members and contribute to the overall productivity of the business.
- Outstanding customer service!!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead a project to a successful conclusion within budgeted hours.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot.
- Knowledge in Windows client and server operating systems in a domain environment.
- Exchange 2003 experience: Must be able to install, and configure authoritative for a domain.
- DNS Management: Familiar with creating/editing A, MX, and CNAME records
- HP and Dell server hardware troubleshooting experience
- Backup methodologies, hardware and practices...experience with Backup Exec desired
- Must understand basic TCP/IP routing concepts for SMB networks with 1-2 subnets
- Configuration experience with WAN and VPN links/Remote Access technologies.
- Advanced Windows server experience including:
- Active Directory: managing and deploying
- Windows DNS & DHCP
- Group Policy managing & troubleshooting.
Certification & Educational Requirements:
High School Diploma
Associate degree/Technical College degree or higher
A+ and/or Net+ certified
MCSA, MCTS, or MCITP in Windows Server
This is a full time salaried position. Normal hours are Mon-Fri 7:45-5:00pm, but projects may go over from time to time.
Candidates with a passion for technology and/or business will be considered first. We are not looking for someone to just come in and punch the clock. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of an exciting and growing company. If this is you submit your resume and references in reply to this posting. Candidates without professional references cannot be considered.