ASP.NET Software Developer Job Description
We, a Baton Rouge based IT business consulting firm, are looking for a customer oriented, motivated, intelligent person to design, analyze, develop and support custom software applications to our client base. The focus of responsibilities will be on Microsoft ASP.NET with C# and Microsoft SQL Server environments. Ideal candidate will have no less than 5 years of experience in the IT industry, 3 of which should be in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 environment: be prepared to discuss projects you have lead and the technologies deployed. Responsibilties Include:
- Master of crafting web applications using ASP.NET / C#
- Should have an understanding of how the ASP.NET framework is implemented beyond just building pages.
- Able to work independently
- Needs to know when to make decisions and when to ask for direction.
- Projects typically require playing a little more of a lead role than just a developer who is assigned to specific tasks
- Design and develop database tables and SQL statements in SQL Server 2008
- Should be able to properly maintain both development & production SQL Server environments
- Work with consultants to ensure customers make informed IT decisions.
- Maintain individual service levels as set by the department director
- Keep timely documentation of your work and schedule.
- Assist team members and contribute to the overall productivity of the business.
- Outstanding customer service!!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead a project to a successful conclusion within budgeted hours.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot existing custom software applications.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Extensive SQL Server 2005 or 2008 experience in design, analysis & maintenance.
- Advanced GUI & HTML Design experience.
- CSS Design & Methodologies
- Experience with multi-browser support preferred.
- Configuration experience with WAN and VPN links/Remote Access technologies.
- Experience with public facing websites required!
Certification & Educational Requirements:
High School Diploma
Associate degree/Technical College degree or higher
MCPD, MCTS, MCP in Microsoft.NET 4.0
This is a full time salaried position. Normal hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am -5:00pm, but projects may go over from time to time. Candidates with a passion for technology and/or business will be considered first. We are not looking for someone to just come in and punch the clock. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of an exciting and growing company.